The following sign is posted throughout Rougtero in high traffic areas including all entrances to the city:
THE ROUGTERO COUNCIL, CONSISTING OF A REPRESENTATIVE FROM EVERY CLASS OF CITIZEN IN THE CITY, HAS ENACTED THE FOLLOWING LAWS.
1) A citizen has the right to defend his own health and happiness, and also has the right to defend another citizen who may require assistance.
2) Any unprovoked action which will deprive a citizen of his health and well being, particularly to the extent that the citizen can no longer care for himself or his family is a punishable offence.
3) Any unprovoked action which will deprive a citizen of his means to wealth and happiness is a punishable offence.
4) Any use of magic to deprive a citizen of his or her personality, knowledge, or general memories, and by extension would then deprive that citizen of his or her livelyhood and means of income is a punishable offence.
5) Any citizen accused of a punishable offence must be given the means, through magic or otherwise, to prove his innocence. If proven innocent, the accused has the right to pursue a judgement against their accuser through a mediator appointed by the council. If the accusation was made solely with intent to harm, this is considered a punishable offense under law number 3.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE COUNCL IS DETERMINED TO DO GOOD FOR THIS GREAT CITY. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE COUNCIL'S WORK, PLEASE CONTACT JORMAR OLDARTH AT THE SOLARIUM.
According to the council representative of the Solarium, Jormar Oldarth, there will be a total of 7 city patrols consisting of a minimum of 3 well trained guards each of various backgrounds. He also said there are 14 well marked guard stations that will be manned around the clock that are equipped with bells to sound the guard in case of problems. Noteworthy locations for these stations are Dominations, the Solarium, and the Dock Master's building.
Jormar Oldarth went on to say that all citizens of Rougtero are encourged to take a part in the council's activities and that if they have any concerns about the city, they should see there council representive. The list of all representatives is available to the public at the Solarium and messages for a council member can also be left there. The following groups have representatives on the council: Anubis, Isis, Neptune, Orus, Osiris, Ra, Scrogg, Old T'or, New T'or, Zepherin, Mechants, Laborers, Service Providers, Shipping/Traders, Mages, and Adventurers.